Wednesday, February 13, 2019 / by Global Marketing
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, we think about all the things we love and our relationships. We build relationships everywhere we go. We build relationships with people and places. Your home is one of those special places you have a connection to. If that relationship is feeling a little dull, fall back in love with your home with these few tricks.
Start by rearranging furniture. This can make any room feel brand new without spending a dime! Large and tall furniture should stay on the perimeter of the room. Keep walkways in mind too when redesigning your space.
Consider switching out artwork. While rearranging furniture, rearranging or changing artwork can drastically improve a space. To keep a space fresh, swap out old family photos with current pictures. Consider replacing artwork with something new and bright.
Defeat the junk drawer or closet by decluttering your home. Clutter isn't fun to live with and can cause unwanted stress in your life. Useless ite ...
Wednesday, February 06, 2019 / by Global Marketing
Are you staged to sell? Staging your home makes a big difference to potential buyers. Here are six tips to make your home stand out.
1. Store personal items. It's best to keep personal items and photos tucked away. This allows a buyer to envision themselves in your house. If your house is appealing, it may lead to bigger price returns.
2. Minimize furniture. A great way to show off your spacious home is to store extra furniture pieces or rearrange living spaces. Less furniture or rearranged furniture can showcase your home's unique details and charm.
3. Avoid fragrant smells. It is a good idea to keep candles or fragrances neutral. Some buyers may not like a strong vanilla smell, while others may enjoy it. To keep your home open to all buyers, stick to neutral scents.
4. Show off storage spaces. Clean out closets and cabinets. Decluttering these spaces shows off your home's storage size and capacity.
5. Invest in your home's curb appeal.&nbs ...
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 / by Global Marketing
What myth stops you from buying a home?
1. "I can't afford to buy a home now."
FACT: If you're paying rent, you can buy.
2. "I should wait until the real estate market gets better."
FACT: The long-term factors, not the short-term market, are what make real estate one of the most stable investments.
3. "I don't have money for a down payment."
FACT: Many options are available to make a down payment, some as low as 5 percent.
4. "I can't buy a home because my credit isn't very good."
FACT: A loan officer can help resolve credit challenges and explore your options.
5. "I can't afford to buy my dream home."
FACT: Buying a home and building equity puts you closer to that dream home than if you hadn't bought at all.
6. "I should wait to buy a home until I get married."
FACT: Again, getting in the game is key. If your future spouse doesn't like the home, rent it or sell it and put your incomes toward a new one.
7. "Buying a home seems way too complicated."
FACT: Tha ...
Wednesday, January 23, 2019 / by Global Marketing
It can be tough searching for your perfect home, especially when you are also looking for the perfect neighborhood. How do you know which neighborhood is right for you?
Here are three ways that we'll work together to find the neighborhood of your dreams:
Each neighborhood has their own personality. The best way to discover the neighborhood is to visit and walk around. There are well established communities with unique architecture to newer, more modern subdivisions. Taking a few minutes to cruise around before looking at a potential home gives you an idea if the neighborhood meets your needs.
Calculate your commute. It is crucial to take into account travel time to and from your workplace. Knowing the distance and time to your work can play a huge factor in finding your home. Consider an amount of time that you are comfortable traveling everyday. If public transportation is important, look at homes that are in close proximity to transit stations.
Know the amenit ...
Monday, January 21, 2019 / by Global Marketing
1. Amplify your homes outward appearance!
This is important because in a buyer’s eyes, the first look is the most important! To do this, add planters, a new mulch, paint the front door, etc! Your homes Curb Appeal is very important!
2. Have your listing on online sites!
At the Global Homes Group, your listing is not only put into Tuscaloosa MLS, but it is also put on our website, which then goes to 94 other websites through Keller Williams like Realtor.Com and Zillow! Your listing also should be promoted on Social Media Platforms, so that your friends, and friends of their friends can see that your home is for sale! However, at the Global Homes Group, we do all of this for you!
3. Make sure there is LOTS of quality pictures and videos of your listing!
If you have unfocused, pixelated, and distorted pictures of your home, it may just scare buyers away! Hire a professional photographer to take the photos so that they are clean, professional, and attractive. However, if ...