Thursday, November 19, 2020 / by Global Marketing
10 Reasons To Sell Your Home During The Holidays
We’re seeing clients listing right now for these reasons:
- Make Money - You’ll make more money right now than at any other time. Low inventory means the listing price can be higher for a higher final sales price, which is always the goal in any real estate transaction.
- Cash In - Now is the best time to cash in on equity. Empty Nesters are buying down right now, like never before. Pull your equity out, buy something easier to maintain, more of what you need, and put your cash to work.
- Speed - You can sell your home faster right now because there are fewer homes on the market. Your home will stand out more to buyers because there is less competition for them to choose from.
- Convenience - You’re already in and out of the attic moving things. You’re rearranging and you’ve probably cleaned out some room this fall. If you’ve already got the decorations down, leave them down and just move them into your new house. Makes your move easier.
- Savings - Your moving costs should be lower. The cost of your move is directly tied to how much moving is going on. Right now, it’s the off-season, so you can get a better moving rate than other times of the year.
- Holiday Break - If you move over the Christmas or New Year’s break, you’ll be in your new home and your kids won’t miss a single day of school. Think about it - it takes 2-3 days to get your home ready to list. If you get a buyer, you can close at the end of Dec or first of Jan and your kids never miss a day of school.
- More Bedrooms - Right now, people are selling their 3 and 4 bedroom homes and upgrading to 4 and 5 bedroom homes. They’re saying “goodbye” to starter homes. And because interest rates are so low, their mortgage payments are staying about the same. So you should see about selling your home to upgrade to what you want.
- Bigger/Better Kitchen and Bathrooms - More Outdoor Space - Better Schools - just like upgrading bedrooms, you can get these things you’ve always wanted while keeping your mortgage payment about the same. We have clients doing this every single day right now in 2020.
- Millennials Are Flooding - Good news about Millennials! They are saving $ like never before and they are looking to buy and not rent. They see the value in real estate and they’re looking for homes to start their life and family.
- It’s Perfectly Safe! With technology and virtual tours, people are listing and selling their homes without buyers setting foot in their home. If you want zero foot traffic, we are fully capable to list, showcase, tour, and sell your home so you reap the rewards outlined here and nobody ever sets foot in your home, keeping you safe in 2020!
If you would like to speak with a member of the Global Homes Group team about listing your home, or if you have questions about any of the points here, please just contact our team and we would love the opportunity to catch up.
From everyone at Global Homes Group - Keller Williams Tuscaloosa, we wish you the very best this holiday season and a Merry Christmas!